Red Ribbon Week Ideas For Students
Here are some ideas to make this year's Red Ribbon Week celebration the best yet!
- Enter the Red Ribbon Photo Contest for a chance to win an iPad for you and your family - and $1,000 for your school.
- Take a stab at creating the 2014 National Red Ribbon Theme. Gain national recognition and $500 of Red Ribbon theme merchandise for your school. This year's theme was created by a middle school student in Solon, Ohio!
- Make a drug free pact with your friends. Promise to hold each other accountable to it.
- Plan a School-Wide Red Ribbon Rally
- Organize A Miles of Quarters Campaign
- Use our social media tips to post Red Ribbon Week messages on your Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Write an article about the importance of Red Ribbon Week in your school newspaper.
- Contact a local governmental official about declaring October 23rd-31st Red Ribbon Week in your community.
- Work with your teachers to plan fun celebration days during Red Ribbon Week, such as Wear Red Day, Put A Cap On Drugs (Hat Day), Put A Sock On Drugs Day, Be On A Drug Free Team Day (Wear Your Favorite Team Gear), Shade Out Drugs Day (Wear Sunglasses), etc. Encourage your friends to participate. Use those themed days as an opportunity to discuss the dangers of underage drinking and drug use with your peers.
- Organize or participate in essay contests held in your school.
- Join SADD at your school or start a SADD chapter.
- Organize a Miles of Quarters Campaign to support prevention.
- Insert Your Best Idea Here. Add suggestions to the comment section below. We'll filter out the best and add them to this list!