Red Ribbon Week 2015 Launches 5th Annual Photo Contest: "Respect Yourself. Be Drug Free"
By Amy Goldstein on 10/01/2015 @ 11:04 AM
Today is the day! The National Family Partnership (NFP), invites families and schools across America to participate in its 5th Annual National Red Ribbon Week Photo Contest. Entries are now being accepted. The contest, which is co-sponsored by the DEA, will be held in conjunction with the 30th Annual Red Ribbon Week (October 23-31).
“Students will once again take the Red Ribbon Campaign prevention message into their homes, neighborhoods and schools with this contest,” said NFP President Peggy Sapp. “It’s a fun and creative way for parents and schools to educate children about the dangers of drug use while they decorate their homes and schools using this year’s theme, “Respect Yourself. Be Drug Free.”
Entries will be accepted through Nov. 3 and the winners will be announced on December 4.This year, $20,000 will be awarded to schools in ten regions across the country.
Check Out This Video About The Contest
Here's how to enter:
- Students and families decorate their home’s front door, mailbox or fence with a double-looped red ribbon and the theme, “Respect Yourself. Be Drug Free.”
- Schools (K-12) may decorate their school campus with a double-looped red ribbon and the theme, “Respect Yourself. Be Drug Free.” Decorations should be in a visible location on the school campus.
- Take a photo with your decoration and upload it to RedRibbon.org/contest October 1 (12:00 am ET) to November 3 (11:59pm ET). You must be 18 years or older to upload the photo and can do so from any desktop or mobile device.
- Ask family and friends to vote for your entry beginning November 4 (12:00am ET) to November 18 (11:59pm ET). The winners will be announced December 4th.
- 10 Families in the Home Decoration category with the most votes in each region will win an iPad for the family and $1,000 to be used towards drug prevention at a K-12 school of their choosing.
- 10 schools in the School Decoration category with the most votes in each region will win an iPad (for the school employee or PTA member who entered on behalf of the school) and $1,000 to be used towards drug prevention at the school.