Red Ribbon Week 2016 Launches 6th Annual Photo Contest: "YOLO. Be Drug Free"
By Amy Goldstein on 09/15/2016 @ 11:04 AM
The National Family Partnership (NFP) invites families and schools across America to participate in its 6th Annual National Red Ribbon Week Photo Contest. Entries will be accepted starting October 1. The contest, which is co-sponsored by the DEA, will be held in conjunction with the 31st Annual Red Ribbon Week (October 23-31).
“Students will spread the Red Ribbon Campaign prevention message in their homes, neighborhoods and schools as part of this contest,” said NFP President Peggy Sapp. “Parents and schools can use this fun and engaging opportunity to educate children about the dangers of drug use while they decorate their homes and schools using this year’s theme, “YOLO. Be Drug Free.”
Entries will be accepted through Nov. 2 and the winners will be announced on December 2.This year, $20,000 will be awarded to schools in ten regions across the country.
“We are pleased to support the Red Ribbon Photo Contest,” said DEA Acting Administrator Chuck Rosenberg. “During Red Ribbon Week, we celebrate drug-free lives and appreciate the commitment of families and educators to promote healthy choices.”
Check Out This Video About The Contest
Here's how to enter:
- Students and families decorate their home’s front door, mailbox or fence with a double-looped red ribbon and the theme, “YOLO. Be Drug Free.”
- Schools (K-12) may decorate their school campus with a double-looped red ribbon and the theme, “YOLO. Be Drug Free.” Decorations should be in a visible location on the school campus.
- Take a photo with your decoration and upload it to RedRibbon.org/contest October 1 (12:00 am ET) to November 2 (11:59pm ET). You must be 18 years or older to upload the photo and can do so from any desktop or mobile device.
- Ask family and friends to vote for your entry beginning November 3 (12:00am ET) to November 17 (11:59pm ET). The winners will be announced December 2.
- 10 Families in the Home Decoration category with the most votes in each region will win an iPad for the family and $1,000 to be used towards drug prevention at a K-12 school of their choosing.
- 10 schools in the School Decoration category with the most votes in each region will win an iPad (for the school employee or PTA member who entered on behalf of the school) and $1,000 to be used towards drug prevention at the school.
Learn more and enter at www.redribbon.org/contest.