It's Red Ribbon Week!
Posted on 10/23/2015 @ 01:00 PM
It's Red Ribbon Week® (October 23-31)! Thirty years ago, DEA Special Agent Kiki Camarena was kidnapped, tortured and murdered in Mexico. Kiki's death was the catalyst that led to the creation of the Red Ribbon Campaign, now the oldest and largest drug prevention program in the US. We know Kiki would be proud of the millions of people participating in drug free celebrations in his honor in schools and communities across the country and beyond. This year's theme, "Respect Yourself. Be Drug Free.™", created by a middle school student in Ohio, sends a powerful, positive message to our children - and we invite you to join us in spreading that message.
Enter The 5th Annual Red Ribbon Photo Contest
We are giving out $20,000 to schools across America. We invite you to enter the contest. Watch our video one-minute video and share it!
Other Ways To Spread The Message
- Download pledges, web banners and more.
- Order and display Red Ribbon Materials.
- Take a stab at next year's theme.
- Take students on a Virtual Field Trip.
- Make it social. #redribbonweek #respectyourselfbedrugfree.
- Stay in touch on Facebook.
We look forward to your participation!