Red Ribbon Walk & Wrap for Schools
Posted on 07/12/2019 @ 11:30 AM
The Red Ribbon Walk & Wrap is a walkathon where students and administrators wrap the school's fence or perimeter in Red Ribbon, walk together, and raise funds for the Red Ribbon Campaign. The campaign is designed to create awareness so that students are armed with the tools needed to help them grow up safe, healthy and drug free. Money raised by your school will be split evenly (50/50) with the National Family Partnership and will be used to fund prevention programs.
How do we participate?
There are three requirements for schools that wish to participate in the Red Ribbon Walk & Wrap:
- Schools must purchase enough rolls of red ribbon to be used to wrap around the front entrance of the school. This can include a fence or building but the Red Ribbon should be visible to members of the community.
- Schools must organize a walk in order to get students moving for a great cause. The walk can take place at the beginning or end of the fundraising period.
- Schools must start an online fundraising page.
Who can participate?
Everyone! Especially teachers, school administrators, students and parents. If you are unable to attend the walk, you can participate by making a donation.
How do we get started?
Teachers and Administrators
- Create a Red Ribbon Walk & Wrap event at your school. Each grade or class can compete in an effort to raise the most money.
- Create a new fundraising page for your team.
- Purchase some rolls of red ribbon.
- When a donation of $5 or more is made, write the individual’s name on the ribbon and display it in a visual location at the school i.e. in the classroom, cafeteria or library. Teachers are encouraged to decorate their classrooms.
- Tell your friends and family about the campaign. Ask them to donate.
- Schedule a date when the students can walk together for drug free awareness.
- Students should ask their teacher or school principal to start a team and schedule a walk.
- Parents can make a donation to their child’s team and help spread the word.
For more information, please email: Audri Amoro.
When do we get started?
Schools are free to start fundraising at any time however, the walk must take place during Red Ribbon Week. The fundraising period should close October 31.